The Instituto Español de Oceanografía (Spanish Institute of Oceanography ), IEO, is a public research organization, with a variety of activities.
• Conducting oceanographic research.
• Advising the Spanish government on its oceanographic and fishing policies.
• Representing Spain in international oceanography and fishing organisations.
• Promoting co-operation in marine research at the regional, national and international levels.
• Training oceanographers and disseminating oceanographic knowlegde
The IEO researches into the marine resources in general, problems related to oceanography and the contamination of the sea environment and its products. By doing this, the Institute tries to orient its research in such a way that the results may serve as support to the advisers and offer concrete answers to the Public Administration with reference to the sea, the rational use and protection of it. Due to the fact that it is a State Institution, the IEO represents the Spanish Government before international oceanographic organisations and commissions.
Synthethic Genomics, ExxonMobil to develop algae biofuels United States
Synthetic Genomics Inc announced a new co-funded research agreement with ExxonMobil to develop algae biofuels from strains with significantly improved production characteristics by employing synthetic genomic science and technology.
Cesium findings in eel coverup reported Japan
A scientist has admitted having detected radioactive cesium in eels caught in a boundary river between the Tokyo and Chiba prefectures but claims local governments took no action for nearly two months despite having informed authorities promptly.
Copyright 1995 - 2013 Fish Info & Services Co.Ltd| All Rights Reserved. DISCLAIMER