Praxair, Inc. (Public , NYSE:PX) is an industrial gases supplier. The Company’s products are oxygen, hydrogen, nitrogen, argon, carbon dioxide, helium, electronic gases and a range of specialty gases. Praxair Surface Technologies supplies coatings, which protect metal parts from wear, corrosion and heat. Praxair’s industrial gas operations are managed on a geographical basis. During the year ended December 31, 2011, 94% of sales were generated in four geographic segments (North America, Europe, South America, and Asia). The surface technologies segment generated the remaining 6% of sales. Praxair serves approximately 25 industries, including healthcare and petroleum refining; computer-chip manufacturing and beverage carbonation; fiber-optics and steel making, and aerospace, chemicals and water treatment. In November 2012, the Company had acquired Harlingen. In December 2012, the Company's Praxair Distribution Inc. announced that it has acquired PortaGas, Inc.
Synthethic Genomics, ExxonMobil to develop algae biofuels United States
Synthetic Genomics Inc announced a new co-funded research agreement with ExxonMobil to develop algae biofuels from strains with significantly improved production characteristics by employing synthetic genomic science and technology.
Cesium findings in eel coverup reported Japan
A scientist has admitted having detected radioactive cesium in eels caught in a boundary river between the Tokyo and Chiba prefectures but claims local governments took no action for nearly two months despite having informed authorities promptly.
EC warns Faroe Islands of impending sanctions European Union
The European Commission has notified the Faroe Islands that it plans to take steps, including closing off fishing ports, to support the sustainability of herring fisheries shared between the two parties.
Fish exports may generate USD 500mln by 2015 Sri Lanka
Sri Lanka is working on increasing its deep sea fishing efforts and doubling fish exports between now and 2015 and to achieve this goal, it will be using new vessels from Japan and China,
Copyright 1995 - 2013 Fish Info & Services Co.Ltd| All Rights Reserved. DISCLAIMER